Sunday, February 15, 2015

Self Guidance Towards Practical Achievement

It is easy to imagine that you are Carl Lewis(world ranking athlete) or R K Laxman (famous Indian Cartoonist) or Chandrasekhar Subrahmanyam (Indian Nobel Prize Winner). But when it comes to reality you may be far behind them in terms of achievement. But then, that is how our thinking is. One is not able to think otherwise and a man is in chains and can think only in this narrow way.
How much correct am I in writing Carl Lewis first, R K Laxman second and C Subrahmanyam third? To me, I am 100 % correct that Carl Lewis comes to my mind first. My feeling of my body is thus. But in reality I can never do a 100 m dash within 12 seconds or so.
The result of such thinking is that frustrations can creep in easily. One will be disappointed most of the time.
This blog post is about the difference in thinking and reality achievement. And how we can achieve targets attained by experts. Is there an alternative thinking? Or maybe some goal like 100 m in 20 seconds which gives same satisfaction as a Carl Lewis run?
The aim here is to attain peace and I am planning to note down points as and when something significant creeps up.

No comments: