Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Saying Thanks

A poor Brahmin was in his house. He was alone. He led a austere life of prayers, discipline and gardening.
He was proud of the plants he grew. The beautiful flowers he had in his gardens. The tasty, ripe fruits the trees gave. He told everyone that he was the best gardener and he took care of the plants so well that they now give fruits and flowers.
One day a cow came into the garden and started eating plants and flowers and leaves. The Brahmin was praying at that time. When he accidentally saw the cow, he became very angry.
He took a stick and went to the garden and started hitting the cow. The poor cow could not take the poor Brahmin's beating and it died.
Then, Lord Indira appeared. He asked the Brahmin, "Who made the garden?".
The brahmin replies, "I made the garden".
Then Indira asks the brahmin, "Who made the plants give flowers?"
The Brahmin replies, " I grow the plants so well that they give flowers."
Then Indira asks the brahmin, "Who made the trees give fruits?"
The Brahmin replies, " I take care of the trees so well that they give fruits."
Then Indira asks the Brahmin, "Who killed the cow?"
Then Brahmin replies, "The Lord of death caused his death."

I always thought how to deal with such responses. How to mentally get balance. Then I found the thought which would give balance. My hard work, His grace and everybody's thanks. If all the three happens then one can avoid petty thoughts like my work, not my work etc.
 

No comments: