Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My current exercise schedules

I find it very good with dumbbells. I like doing exercises with them. I have a 5kg pair, 10 kg pair and a 12.5 kg pair.
I have changed my schedule. I do a complete workout with dumbbells. And then followed by a walking and jogging.
Two years back I had 23% body fat. After the gym, my fat got reduced to 18%. My protein increased by 5%. My aim is to reduce fat to 10% or less.
My present exercising using a 12.5kg and a 10 kg dumbbells are :-
Bench press, Dumbbell squats, Dumbbell heel raises, Bent over lifts, One arm rows with a bench (not workbench), One dumbbell legs and hands arching lying down for abs, Shoulder lifts, Biceps curls, Triceps back lifts. 3 sets each using prime number reps.
I am usually exhausted with this. But I do a 25 minute of jogging resulting in about 300 calories loss after this grueling dumbbells workout.
Recently, I saw Youtube videos of exercises which can reduce fat with light dumbbells and there was another one without dumbbells. The crux here is to do one exercises after another each done for 10 reps. Do three to four sets of these 10 reps of about 4 to 5 exercises. You will be exhausted with this and I feel it will increase the stamina. The exercises are like 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 overhead claps, 10 leg raises lying down etc. Do three to four repetitions of these without any break between them.
Many masters say bench press, dead lifts, squats and shoulder lifts are the most important of dumbbells/ barbells exercises. These exercises seem to be standard core exercises and improves the strength of the body.
I intend to do the four exercises more often. To build strength. Also twice a week I intend to do 10-10-10 routines to improve my stamina.

4 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

See the following workout by Funk Roberts. You will understand what I am talking about.10 Minute Bodyweight Circuit - YouTube

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

What I did today? Here's what I did :-
Bench press 12.5 kg 8 reps
Squats with dumbbells 12.5 kg 8 reps
Dead Lifts 12.5 kg 8 reps
Shoulder Lifts 12.5 kg 8 reps
Biceps curls 12.5 kg 8 reps
Bench press 10 kg 8 reps
Squats with dumbbells 10 kg 8 reps
Dead Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Shoulder Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Biceps curls 10 kg 8 reps
Bench press 10 kg 8 reps
Squats with dumbbells 10 kg 8 reps
Dead Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Shoulder Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Biceps curls 10 kg 8 reps
Bench press 10 kg 8 reps
Squats with dumbbells 10 kg 8 reps
Dead Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Shoulder Lifts 10 kg 8 reps
Biceps curls 10 kg 8 reps
I did all of these with minimum rest in between. Must be 30 seconds to 45 seconds break for 3 or 4 times.

Then, walking for 20 minutes.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

A thing that can be done, can be done quicker and more often.
Taking the above yardstick in mind, I did bench press, squats, deadlifts, shoulder lifts and biceps curls. Only thing is these need to be done very correctly. There are freaks out there in bodybuilding who say dead lifts are a difficult exercise to do.
I did not hurry up in doing the above. I did them at my normal pace. Only thing I did not take a rest in between or very little rest.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

And that is the last word to those who are against the technique of Funk Roberts.
If you still do not see reason, you need a blow in your head to see sense.